Tuesday, May 24, 2005

darth nathan

some times my introspective side of me gets the best of me. like..enough nate, let your mind stop.
last night i went to see Episode III. the sith. It was amazing. I left very sad and upset though....not sure why. The music at the end is what did it to me. and here's why i think:

as an only child with mostly my imagination to keep me sane and happy, i spent countless days and hours with my Star Wars people. I had every imaginable figure and many of the special things, like x-wing fighters, and the Death Star Space Station......with the little basement which had a trap door for the figures to fall into that trash compactor and get squished.
anyway - last night as i left the theatre, i realized that this was the end of an era for me. I mean, i know, i know, it's totally cheese - but little more than 20 years ago i left some theatre somewhere holding my mom's hand after having watched the original Star Wars - in total awe and amazement, an obsession developing as i got into the car and drove away from that theatre.

Well there i was last night, relishing in the same soundtrack practically - 20 years, thats a long time. I am older now. what a difference 20 years makes.

but all the same - how things stay the same. still an only child - looking for my next obsession.

well, if you don't mind, i think i can spend some more time on this one. like an old hat - or my very first dog - it feels right.
thanks.

No comments: