Thursday, December 28, 2006

ess nice, no?




The front and the back. Yup. Of the same man. Some soccer dude from Italy. Something to look at.


Last night we went to Philly's famed Woody's for some cocktails. Wednesday is kiddie night (18 older to get in). It was fun. We never ever go there, like twice or three times a year. Since Kevin has off this week, I thought we should do something so he doesn't go stir crazy. Interesting to go out and see the zoo, the petting zoo. When I awoke today though, I have been thinking somewhat obsessively about an acquaintance of ours. He's a relatively attractive guy, young, around 25 or even younger than that. He's in school for a profession that deals with people alot....a field that could in some way, be considered a human service industry...you have to be on your toes and alert. Well anyway - as it turns out he's sorta on a spiral into hell...using lots and lots of drugs - and it has me all worked up. Because he seems to be able to keep on functioning in this role, and party all the time, and not have any real negative consequences to his actions and use. Let's be clear, I am not judging him or what he does at all, not one bit. But it is really scary to me for some reason. Last night he was all - all twitchy, all over the place - and looked pretty freaky. It's sad. And it makes me feel sad. And happy for myself too, happy that I know the difference at this point in my life, and that despite all the bad decisions I might make, I can make some pretty sound ones too, and know when i have to get the hell off the bus and breath. So.

I feel good, but empathic. Annoyed, but rationalized.

We also met these twins who go to Columbia, and they looked all of 12 if you ask me, but it was interesting to see these two in Woody's. I dont' know why, just sorta interesting. And one of the guys we were hanging out with, ended up hooking up with some dude who kept smacking people. He was so aggressive, un nerving to be around.

Oh. I got a hair cut last night too. Me likey. I still have a fat head, but i can still give good face.

All my love.

Nate

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we MUST see the new haircut!!!