Wednesday, October 3, 2007

there's something out of place


For those of you who don't know. Above is a picture of Ginkgo. Philadelphia is swarming with them. And those little white fruits fall all over our gritty city. They fall and litter every park and sidewalk within what seems a ten mile radius. And they smell like dog shit. I kid you not, dog shit - or vomit, take your pick.
I hear that some Asian country gave a whole shitload of them to our city a long long time ago.
On my way to work today, i rode my bike (first time since my stupid foot got hurted) right through a cluster of the Ginkgo pods. SPLAT....big popping noise...i continue to ride on thru.
I get to my local Starbucks, take my bookbag off my back and sit it on the floor as i add half and half and splenda. Yup.
As i go to put my bag on my back i smell dog shit.....and i glance at my bookbag. and I yell
"Oh MY GOD !!!!"
I yell because my Ipod is on, with my Shur sound reducing earphones.
Then i see the entire store looking at me with great concern......the barista comes from behind the counter and says
"ARE YOU OK?"

Happy Wednesday.
How do you explain that you screamed like a big woman because when you rode your bike through the Ginkgo, the Ginkgo splattered all over you ???? And thats why you smell like Big Red took a dump on your head?????
Every thing's comin up roses people !

No comments: