Tuesday, June 27, 2006

he said, "baby whats wrong with you?"


today at the gym. i was there for about 45 mintues and went to do the backwards pec deck for my back and shoulders. As i stood there, i looked down and there was a lone brown sock.
I instantly blushed thinking it was mine and it must have been sticking out my shirt or pants, hidden from laundry day in the folds of my shorts...where ever. Completely embarassed. But yet could not confirm whether or not it was my sock. It looked like my sock. had blue lining on the tips like my brown socks. (and i only have two pairs of brown socks....)
I thought to pick it up to...what ? smell it to see if it belonged to me. realizing i couldn't do that...as i a) could not positively identify the sock by it's smell
b) could not smell someone else's sock...thats just frickin gross.
I was in a full fledged dilemma.
In the end, it sits in the gym still i am sure. I have perseverated about that sock all day long. I can't wait to go home and try to figure out if it was mine or some other poor sucker. I think i know it's mine.

Last night i found one of my journals from 1997 -1999. I have been reading it. I will post some deep thoughts from it in the next couple days.
Ridgley -
Out

No comments: