Tuesday, January 16, 2007

asunder

Yes you.
Today has been a challenging day. Directly a result of being stupid last night and spending way too much time socializing and cocktailing.......very stupid indeed.
When i started my journey into work this morning I began agonizing about how long the day seemed, and i hadn't even stepped foot into the office. Anyway, I have two more hours to go and i am counting the seconds.

In my line of work I have become very familiar with crying. I listen to others manuveur around emotionally charged issues and watch them suffer, only to help them wipe the tears aside and move on. Most recently though, i have been made aware that being around the tears of my loved ones can be much different than those i encounter in my profession.
I recently sat by while a loved one emptied a lot of pain, and it was so uncomfortable for me, to not be able to take it away and minimize the hurt. It was then that i realized that it's all purposeful. Crying is purposeful. It clears the way to discovery.
And, it's uncomfortable. And it's ok !!! And i am here. And sometimes, thats enough.

No comments: