Thursday, May 10, 2007

i put the dog out for you

Friday night.
It was so nice out. warm and sunny, much like my disposition. Friends from Baltimore were coming to spend the night and party it up. I left work a little early, investing in my soul. Hardy har har.
We end up sipping Blood Orange Margaritas from El Vez. Outside on the walk. Sunny and rolled up sleeves. Oh how those drinks slid down. mmmmm mmmm good.
Two hours later, oh hell why not, let's go to Bump, oh.....two hours later...let's go to Woody's. Kevin makes the decision to go home. He doesn't want to get too drunk, and have to ride his bike home.
He voices concern for me as well, given that I also had my bike.
oh hesh up Kev, i'll be ok.

Not all that long after Kevin, I am riding my bike, and i have an accident.
Let me share the wounds, then I will share the details of the accident. Which are hilarious and insanely stupid. Of me.
I have scabs on the following places....actually some have not even scabbed up yet.
My shoulder, my two big toes, my knee, my hip, and my big fat head.

I was hungry....................girl gets hungry after downing five hours of cocktail.
I stopped for Pizza. just a slice, merely a token really.
I didn't have money for the pizza, but since the owner is our neighbor, he gave me the slice for free. Brussel Sprout pizza.....delicious.
I got on my bike promptly. With pizza in hand. Going the wrong way on a one way street. Somehow my front wheel turned inward, and i flew like a bird, right over the handle bars. into the middle of the street. My shirt ripped on my shoulder, my glasses went flying and the pizza and plate scattered all the way on the other side of the road.
Red.
Hot.
Mess.
love ya,
Nate


PS - i had flip flops on too. nate is so intelligent, He makes the bestest decisions all the time. Consistency.

No comments: