Tuesday, July 17, 2007

the hunger

My man and Monday did not go well together. It was like an ill fitting suit. There was a moment though that the earth shifted and things looked a little less shade of grey. And before i describe that moment let me make for sure you understand Kevin's day yesterday. IT WAS HORRIBLE. My little man had almost everything go wrong that could.
And then Happy Hanna introduced herself to us. We were sitting in Washington Square Park debriefing a bit. And up came this woman with pig tails and an accent sounding a bit Romanian or something. She says "Hi, it's your lucky day boys. I am a friendly bubble blowing fairy granting wishes for you, seven wishes. You must wish on them by tomorrow night and they will all come true" She then takes some gypsy lookin bubble blower from around her neck and blow bubbles in our faces. I am not sure if my eyes started watering because of the acid in them or because her insanity was just what we needed to help loosen the pressure valve. She continues talking rapidly and happily and asks us if we're a couple....."we are" "I could tell" And as fast as she came in and swept us away, she was gone without a bubble of a hint.

silly little bubble blowing fairy. Happy Hanna.
and you can bet your ass i've lined up my seven wishes.

No comments: