Tuesday, February 26, 2008

got a feeling it's too late


I can't believe that more of the gays ain't ready to go with this dude. He performed last at the Oscar's on Sunday. Jon McLaughlin. He's pretty. and he's got pipes too. Can blow pretty well. I downloaded his cd (can i call it cd if it's from itunes???) a long time ago.
In any event, check him out, at least to look at him....sensitive little boy.
What else ?
Interesting things. At least for me. I just got an email from Kevin. And it's got me thinkin a bit. He tells me that he gave his business card to some guy we've met a few times. He saw him on the street. He wants to know how we know him and what the guy's name is, the guy proposed that we go to dinner with he and his bf (who we know quite well) .
The thoughtful part for me is this, and it has nothing to do with Kevin at all really, it' s me. I saw the same guy last week, and i kept to myself, knowing that we'd have something to talk about. I averted my eyes and didn't accept any further notion that we'd talk. A few years ago I promised myself to be more.....open, easy to talk to. People have always thought me to be snotty, but it's not the case...most of the time, well............some of the time. Anyway, Kevin will talk to anyone, he's good about that, he's usually less discriminating with his conversation than i am....but this case.....did they stop and just chat with pleasantries ?? Flirt a little perhaps (which is fine) or just say "HEY !!!"
I want to better at this, i do. Head up, and confident....ugh. Just smack me if you see me. Ok ? Ok !

No comments: