Wednesday, August 17, 2005

....but i fear....i have nothing to give


For a couple of years I felt it, i really really was under a spell. I mean, once I held the finished product in my big hands, i knew, i was powerless, for at least two to three months. Sometimes it was tori, sometimes it was sarah, and sometimes, just once in a while it was ricki lee jones. Once i finished a mixed tape, that was it...it held the power to turn me into one big chill factory. I always knew that the tape i had just finished dubbing and recording was 10x better than the one i had made months ago. It was a labor of love, making a mixed tape.....it took hard work, emotionally and physically. I would sit for a couple hours, for at least three to four days attempting to create just the right mix.
And forget it, if someone gave me a mixed tape....that was it...man, totally over. To be given a mixed tape could take my borderline admiration for a possible suitor and turn it into a earth shattering love affair.............yes the mixed tape...all but gone. I still have a bag of them in the basement, which kevin keeps trying to resurrect. I am such an ipod freak now that it's silly, and yeah i know, playlists are easier and don't take up room in the dash of the car...even still, it's nice to think about just how powerless one became in the 80's and 90's when that someone special gave you a tape, to relay emotion.
Wake me up, before you go-go...................better yet, Take the Long Way Home.
Natie

PS- just got a juicy "411" from denise....and i am floored, shout out to Denise and Brooksie !!!!!!

No comments: