Wednesday, August 10, 2005

lipshitz

The joy of my life, the apple of my eye if you will.
My Ipod. I love it so, so much. The pleasure of it all. As many of you know my world centers around music and all the insane messages I can daftly extract from lyrics. I've spent many an hour thinking about my life path with a personalized soundtrack in the background. This morning I hop on my bike with my pod in my ears (i know, be quiet, it's not safe, but i keep the volume turned down) and i put the pod on random....and up comes the "Cell Block Tango". Of course, head thrashing and out-loud singing begin almost instantly......what a nice way to officially start off my morning............Officially.

When Kevin and I first met, we lived three hours apart ........i was finishing my master's program living in Baltimore, working for Amtrak in Penn Station (nyc) as an EAP dude. It was fabulous to work there, although the two hour train ride was painful three times a week. On the weekends we would see each other - every other weekend we would rotate (not just on each other silly - to our homes). We did that for a whole year....a whole year of lots of filler time. This is when i first became fixed on the Cell Block Tango..in my car while driving to see him and our relationship i would play that song over and over - among others of course..........not to mention the digits of books i would devour on Amtrak - many of which pulled me through much change and much decision making.
Truth be told, those times, when I was alone by myself in the train, or in my car....i found peace, i found me...a newly developed me with kevin in my life. Sometimes i would watch the sun set, sometimes it would rise........and isn't that so important to remember.....it will always rise...and new things will pop up every single day.......

No comments: