Friday, June 8, 2007

insatiable


I have had an insatiable hunger for books in the last few weeks. I read "Water for Elephants" in three days, and then....on a whim bought "The Other Boleyn Girl". The book was around 675 pages, I finished it in 5 days. I could not put that sucker down, i haven't turned the TV on at all, and have begun to talk like one of the Tudor's. It was that good. Compelling. I was sad to see it end. I love books like that, both of those books did that to me. Really really good stuff. I know that I've needed to escape this week. I've been really out of my mind, and a pretty tough bear to be around.....so i thought and told kevin....i just need to do my own thing. But there was nothing i could do on my own. Go to a movie?? Go for a walk? No substance. Which now leads to other questions for me.....like why can't i find something to do on my own ? Annoying, and alarming.
Anyway - the books put me in a good place and i am glad for it.
Now, i seem to be obsessed with Henry VIII and all the drama. And. Trust, there was drama.
My wild nights pale in comparison.
This weekend should prove to scandalize....Bob and Charles are coming from Baltimore and we have some parties, and a possible ticket on the BOOZE Cruise. Not sure if we'll be hittin that up, let's see what develops.
It does happen to be Philadelphia's Gay Pride weekend. It underwhelms me though. In fact, I can't think of anything to look forward to....other than the great big gay flea market.
Ah.
Philly.
It just has too may gay celebratory things. So not one of them stands out as being special or different. Just me.
see ya later.
and who from Philly is reading this? Just let me know, just one little hint or the whole damned thing. Who is out there?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

people read, but these are meant for the writer more than the audience.

Anonymous said...

ahh...my dear nate, we all read it...if you stopped caring about what people thought about you and just be your wonderful self, you'd be much happier for it!! :-)