Friday, August 24, 2007

i'm happy you like to play games


homo - work. Funny. Ha ha. I want to be him for Halloween. Very young, but mostly i want to wear those little teeny tiny shorts and have a cheap ole record player with me. That's what i want most.
Since back from vacation, the crown of my head, the scalp (in only one distinct area), has been unreasonably itchy. I can't stop itching. Originally I thought it to be sunburn and skin peel. It's not. Now i look up itchy scalp and the Internet tells me I could have everything from Ringworm to cancer. And my doctor's voice mail is full. It's killin me darling. Simply killing me.
I was looking on line at one of my fav sites of the current mood "Gayz of Our Lives" which chronicles parties and fun things. Scrolling through now I've run across two guys I used to date and one guy we met over vacation. One gentleman in particular got me thinking. About things. It got me thinking about the days of single-dom, which seem like an eternity ago.
This guy, let's call him...Jake, was too cute and i pursued him.....but i specifically remember at that time in my life, i was having fun, but always looking over my shoulder to see if "the one" was behind me. I wanted so very much to get into a relationship and partner up. It would make me nutty. Waiting for calls, and dates, and cards.....sometimes they came, sometimes they didn't and i learned ohhhh so much during that time. I met Jake and the chase was on. He didn't respond overly enthusiastic, and i ran after him. In a couple weeks time, the tables turned and I found he was driving from far away to stay the weekend, and bringing a candle and plant as a token of his ..............desire. At that point I decided that I wasn't all that into him and sorta was a dick to him. No worries Karma's attacked me more than once and i've gotten what was coming to me.
After Jake, I evaluated what was up in my world. And decided to stop looking behind me, to just be. To just enjoy what was circling in front of me.
About three weeks later i met Kevin. It's funny how these things play out. It really is. I know it's cliched. But when i stopped looking, stopped playing games...I met someone who I've spent the last 7 years with. It was as simple as that.
Anyway - i guess the point, and one i am going to focus on for myself, is to enjoy whats on your plate and sorta expect the unexpected (if that ain't too cheesy for you)
Jake looks good, very good in fact....and i hope he's happy. He seems it in the picture. I hope whats on his plate is very good indeed.
Nate

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

psoriasis is very common on the scalp and it itches.
also...i think you may be a little manorexic...you always want to be so skinny!