Tuesday, September 27, 2005

the catcher and the pitcher and the right fielder

in the last two years i have gone to a Phillies game twice.
Last night was one of those two times.
It poured last night.
It poured last year when I went.




And well, the Baseball Gods play this game when it rains. They make everyone sit and wait for at least two hours before they actually call the game and reschedule it. Therefore promting everyone to eat ten pouds of hot dogs, fourteen pieces of pizza, and at least three ice cream cones.....while they wait for the game to be called.
I would have gone home within the first twenty minutes.
Kevin did not see it that way. And to his credit, he was like a little kid, so frickin cute, so excited and ready to watch. So we stayed.
and stayed.
and ate.

Our tickets were behind the Phillies dugout in the third row. We could smell the sweat, men and hormones. The game was supposed to start at 7pm. It started at 9:50PM.
You should also know that I am sick right now, a slight fever and terrible sore throat. Haven't been taken care of myself i guess.
So last night we were really lucky to have gotten free tickets that were so close. We stayed until 11:30. I feel like shit today. But my boyfriend's happy.

To note: Kids at baseball games are all overwieght. And always have a soft pretzel or hot dog in their hands. I could not believe it. It was sorta terrible. to see them eating and being so big. I mean, the adults were a hefty group too, but the kids man. Unacceptable.

To note: There are several hot men on the Phillies team. There are also some on the Mets. It was nice to watch that....they spit a lot, and yell when they get upset...but their cups really make you wonder.
Take Pat Burrell in this here picture. He's one hot mother f@#er. I sure bet he could hit that ball right good.

Least I forget though, I have a sore throat and slight fever.
I can't get too worked up.
Maybe, just maybe kevin can buy some sort of baseball uniform. you know, to wear around the house..........and run around the yard....if we had one.

No comments: