Tuesday, September 20, 2005



I know I risk being labeled the queerest of the queer (which by Shirley Mansion would be ok with)
I have to talk about this movie.
Memoirs of a Geisha.
I read a lot, and when I dig a book, well I really dig it, i live it, i breath it, and i start to process things the way i think the character may.
A couple years ago - 5 to be exact, I read this book....I was in heavy reading mode since I commuted to NYC and back every third day......anyway, i lived this book.....no idea why? The whole Asian theme is intense for me.....incense, bamboo, caligraphy...it's special (not to mention dumplings.....me and mariah man, we could live off them...........but i shan't get too stereotypical) It just clicked with me and I have long since been looking for this movie, although realistically know that it will more than likely pale in comparision. I still anticipate it and look optimistically forward to it. The 6'2 Geisha that i am.

Anyway - this weekend we went to happy hour on Friday, was nothing special and then went to bed kinda early. Saturday night was another story all together. It was one of those nights where I wake up the next day and have a sense of ..............well a sense of doom in some way. Like....i know that something was not right, that one of us did something wrong, but can't really remember what it was. That feeling is with me....even still. I....can't....................remember. It was a long night, went to an after hours party...got home with the sun presenting itself to the day.........................too damn old for that crap.

Moving right along, we are going to a party on Friday night, it will be nice, we always have fun at this party.
Then on Saturday someting interesting. About 7 of my friends from High School are meeting in NYC for some fun. Have not seen one of them in about ....well since 8th grade.......holy shit. I can't believe it. It will be documented here next week, no worries. Maybe some pictures too if your good.

Which brings me to my next point.
Does anyone actually read this? Or is it soley mine.? i know some read it, but not too many. How can i get my readership up? Let me know what you think. If anything. Would that be ok?
Natie

No comments: