Thursday, September 15, 2005

sweatin in the spirit




I cant possibly make you understand how i felt today, there is just no empathetic review i could give to make you be in my shoes. By the time i got to work i was saturated with my own putrid sweat and so frustrated that i could barely stand. Normally i am ok with sweating, as a matter of fact..... sorta like it after a hard run, or good workout.......but today i was dressed, smartly, in my work clothes and looked like i had just done the above gospel workout while in said outfit.

I ran to catch the bus as it passed me and shit myself when it just kept on going. Apparently they moved the bus stop across the street and don't stop to alert anyone to it, they just keep going by..... as though i was waiting for my limo to stop and gleefully bring me to my destination, (which was my job). Anyway - i walk about 10 minutes, with actually water falling from my brow and collecting on my arm hair....a bus finally comes and i scoooootch on it trying to maintain a nice pleasant attitude. I finally get to my destination, which happens to be our subway system in philly. Yes kids, I have to now take a train to work.

When i was employeed at a different hospital they did this special thing called Tranist Chek. You pay $30 out of your paycheck, they match it and give you the special Transit Chek worth $60. It was pre tax and fabulous. However, during the spring summer and fall i would ride my bike to work and not use my transit chek. when i left that job i had at least $450 worth of Cheks......

So today I go to use one chek to purchase tokens and a pass.
"They've expired......all of them" was what i was met with.

Shit #2.

Not only did the man behind the plastic- glass shatter my plan to not spend any money on transportation, i was soaking wet.......broken down on the side of the road without a spare.
I got my ticket and went on my way - with a pile useless transit cheks.

then my backpack ripped.

then i killed the homeless man who was trying to make me give him money, or a donut, or some coffee.
yes i killed him, with my complete and utter power of frustration. i made his heart blow up inside his chest. and it stunk.

No comments: