Thursday, September 8, 2005

i will be THE answer


"As of now, forecasters say none of the three storms -- Hurricanes Nate and Maria and Tropical Storm Ophelia -- is considered a major threat to land. " from CNN.

Thank goodness I am not a threat to land.
As for human beings and small farm animals..........watch the fuck out.

Anyway - moving right along.
Yesterday I was talking to someone, got a little panicked after I walked away from the person. I began to think about my connections in this city, about true friendships, and what they have become to mean in Philadelphia. In the other places I have had many good friends, people who I could call and say "lets go eat soba" "let's finish off a couple bottles of chardonnay", at any given time of the day.

Here in Philly things have been different, but putting things in perspective I know that's because of the relationship status...... changes things.....and you don't really do things the way you used to as a single person. But all the same, I sometimes find myself not being able to identify my bestest friend here, but that's because that person is Kevin. Anyway - (this is getting all convoluted).....my point really was that as I walked away from the person yesterday and.....wow this makes no sense....i started thinking about some other friends and how we've not talked to them...and what that all meant....lo and behold they turned up today....it's just weird how that turns up....that things are never quite what they seem. I don't try and understand it anymore, but i really respect how things just fall into place, how you just gotta focus on less static.

(that picture in is of Dina Martina, we saw her in Ptown and could not believe how funny she was.....pissin our pants we were............we love you dina)

Natie

No comments: