Thursday, January 24, 2008

4 PM is towing time

You all have tivo, or some form of it. Please. Please tivo this show. Parking Wars. It's on A & E. Kevin and I are getting hours of fun from it. If you live in Philly, it's almost life or death if you choose to ignore this show. It follows workers of the dreaded Philadelphia Parking Authority (lovingly called the PPA).
It's one of the most fun 30 minutes you can stand. Honest. The people who work there are only 1/4 of the fun. It's customers of the PPA that make it worth it. People loose their shit. The PPA is notoriusly aggressive in their ticketing, and it's pure - painless hilarity at the cost of others.
And here is why I am writing this post.
1. Because I love you all.
2. Because this morning when I got on the train, one of the PPA people on the show was standing next to me. She was the doll who sits and counts down until 4pm so that she can ticket cars to be towed because they are parking in spots that turn over to tow zones at exactly 4pm. She sits, and waits and counts down until it is exactly 4pm, not a second later and starts moving. Can you stand it?

Remind me to talk about Erik Rhodes when i get a second.
Ok?
later upper east siders.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

erik rhodes, i laugh when i hear that name. have you been keeping up with his blog and what a mess he is?! he needs help and not for as a sex addict. thoughs?!

HughE Dillon said...

I love Parking Wars, we laugh and laugh and I think hmm I'd better keep my anger in check if I get a ticket.

Anonymous said...

I was a victim of the PPA. A-holes put the boot on my cute little VW Bug. They really do care about getting their $$$!!!!

Jeff said...

Oh man! Jonny and I found this show last week and have been watching every chance we get- they should have their own channel.