Tuesday, January 22, 2008

you'll turn to stone

The other day I was walking down the street and playing a little game of self pity. It was futile, as it usually is. But this one was pretty funny, if i do say so myself.
I was lamenting the fact that I want to go away and be warm for a hot minute. Then i started to complain in my head how i never get to go anywhere. Which quickly became a game of reality testing.
In 2007 I went to the following places:

Fire Island
Las Vegas
San Diego
New Orleans
NYC
Montreal
Ft. Lauderdale

Somewhere around this time i began to smack myself in the head with a parking meter and say self destructive things to myself in an effort to allow me to be grateful for what i gots !!!
it worked, i was/am grateful for the travel.
And, I want to go overseas.
And, I want to be in a warm place right now.
You can, my little ladies, have your cake and eat it too.
It just takes time and patience and a tiny little bit of bruising on your head.
Love you the most.
Nate

PS - jared leto above, just because i haven't seen his hotness in a while - he poofed up at Sundance. Doochebag all in tow, he's still smokin.!

No comments: