Thursday, April 12, 2007

the duck jumps out of the pond


Peter and the Wolf.
As a child in pre school my teacher put this record on for us as we ate our mid morning snack. I remember it being a dreary day, which meant we couldn't go out and play smear the queer (kidding, was too young for that) I was paralyzed the instant the needle hit the record and music was generated. The music was so frightening to me that I screamed and hid in the corner. I remember this as though it were yesterday. I was petrified.....cried for days about this. The music was so loud and scary, and the music for when the wolf ate the duck....well I nearly lost my shit. Really. PARALYZING. To this day i am attached to this music. Such was my introduction to Prokofiev. As of late, I've been digging some classical music in my mornings at work. Soothing...well for the most part....sometimes when the wolf show up i still get a little nauseous.
So this coming Monday we are Florida bound. My father. Yeah, i never went a few months back, avoidance. I came to find out this past weekend that i can't avoid it any longer. So an emergent trip to Miami/Ft. Lauderdale. We are actually staying in one of the gay resort places, which is good. I am incredibly anxious about it. VERY. He keeps talking to me about being the executor of his estate...?????? anyway - not good, and since i haven't seen him in over 10 years, well......very anxiety producing. I'll make it, and i am sure it will be fine. I am thinking of having him read a letter when i get there. I just don't want him to lie or embellish anything. After all these years, all i want, ALL I WANT, is honesty. I'll be able to see through the bullshit if he produces it, but hopefully i can set the expectation that he needn't talk shit. We'll see. Wish me luck.
Kevin is going with me which is great. I hope he isn't too bored. Alright kids.
Talk to you later.
Nate
oh and "matthew" thank you for the comment on kev's cute pic. whoever you are !!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nate! Good luck this week. Wishing you positive thoughts and energy during your trip. xo Scott

Anonymous said...

good luck on the trip...you'll be fine! :) it's matty btw - blogger has me in there as matthew.. :) also i know that guy up above in the picture, i met him in mykonos, he lives in london and his name escapes me now....where did you find that pic?