Tuesday, April 24, 2007

you know, that i'm no good

Nagin, of New Orleans Nagin, came to Philly recently to check out some Urban initiative that Philly has adopted to help transition some of our less purty places into more purty places....i could be wrong on that, but that's what i got out of it. Well He went back to New Orleans and told his constituents that Philly is dirrrrrtyyyyy.
Back here, in Dirtadelphia, some folks are upset by his remarks. I am not. Our city is so full of litter, trash everywhere. And it makes me steamy hot to see people litter. And so so many times I've been at a loss on how to handle someone who litters.
So I ask you, Phillyduo constituents......how do you all handle when you see that little girl throw a candy wrapper on the ground? Also, how do you handle when you see Tu pac open his car door and chuck a case of empty beer cans out of it?
So many times i want to say something, but I know, in general that no good will come out of it, in most cases. I am likely to get my ass whooped...good and hard. It's a catch 22 really.

and yes, i am asking for comments, zoot alors. .....i know, just do it and stop complaining already.
Love ya love ya.
Nate

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Philly's dirty but I surely hope Nagin wasn't trying to degrade Philly for the benefit of Nawlins. That city's shitty, frankly. I LOVE New Orleans and am from Louisiana but that city has no right to call another city trashy or dirty. :-)

Anonymous said...

chickening out is a great strategy. employed it many times myself!