Tuesday, March 28, 2006

ILF the B (part two)


I had learned from the best....having come out of getting my heart stomped on, and then, in turn, stomping on some hearts myself.
And trust me, I am not saying that my clarity, that things were more observable, when I was on the dance floor that weekend...Millenium March weekend...cause they were't. What I came to understand was how maladaptive my lessons learned had become.

That weekend was amazing though, we drank, we played, we had fun. It was the first time...in all my years of ice hockey and soccer, it was my first time i truly sprained my ankle.
I was walking down some lettered street in Washington after having been on the Mall all day - or actually in the beer garden at the Mall. and i fell off a curb.
My ankle swelled up right good. My messiest of messy friends was even commenting on it, and trying to tell me to stay home and nurse it.

And I went to Velvet dancing on it - all night. Was messed up for a while, but it was worth it. Of course...i see the humor in it all now.....how priorities can be subjected to impaired decision making... It was a good time though. A good time in my life...fun and full.
I remember being in JR's and being so completely happy. Which i didn't think was a possibility three months eariler.

the lessons come and go....
i later saw pictures that kevin had taken of that very same weekend, but with his group of friends......in the same beer garden, under the same sun....with the same fags in the background of his pictures that were in the background of my pictures. We wouldn't meet for another month or two.
Wierd, small world. I wonder.
What if.........

No comments: