Tuesday, March 28, 2006

ILF the B

The space it occupied was the year 2000, I had spent New Year's Eve that year in NYC, when everyone was running from the city and sealing up it's manholes..trying to start the Millenium with a fair amount of insanity.

Mission accomplished for sure...

fast forward to springtime in Washington DC. It was the Millenium March, which co existed with Cherry Weekend. I think. It's much a blur, so it's hard to make my memory a realization. Her anthem was working me out.
I have never been one to rant and rave about one dj or the next...just to recognize when a beat hit me in the cortex and when it made me scream like a woman when it started to pump out to speakers.....
The thing I remember the most was the distinct 8 beats in 4/4 time it took to go from silence to a guttoral "UGHHHHH".
Yes, just when we think we aren't learning a thing, when it seems we are just dancing the night and day away, thats when we realize....when I realized...I Learned From The Best, mother fucker. - to be continued.............................

No comments: